I finally have something to blog about.....

Saturday, January 14, 2012

New Year

Well over a year has passed and I am pleasantly surprised at how well things are going with my dad.  I know last year at this time I was very frightened and confused by his diagnosis.

Here is the latest: He had a full body scan in November and the area around the surgical site, where there were still traces of the cancer, had continued to shrink. Last week he met with the doctors at Upstate, and we learned the radiation he had over the summer worked effectively and got rid of the cancer in his lung.  Really this is all amazing news.  He is on 6 week courses of chemo followed by 2 weeks off, and this will continue indefinitely.  Luckily, his only real side effect is fatigue, which he manages with lots and lots of naps.

He is actually going to start working again next week, as volunteer at a charity thrift shop where he had worked previous to his diagnosis.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that our good fortune continues!

No comments:

Post a Comment