I finally have something to blog about.....

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Sorry it has been so long!

I can't believe that I became such a blog slacker.  An update is definitely overdue!

My dad went without his medication for a couple of weeks, due to the drug shortage, and then when the drug was available he had to take another week off due to elevated Calcium levels.  He finally got back on track and is almost to the end of this 6 weeks of chemo.  He has a CT Scan in mid November to see how things are going.

The only thing that has me worried is some pain that has returned to the area near the surgical site.  Which naturally has me thinking that the cancer has started to grow back.  The doctor has just prescribed pain meds for now and we will wait to see what the scan will show in November.

I'm thankful that my dad has had a mostly pain free and symptom free 11 months which is pretty amazing for stage IV cancer.  He's been visiting us about once a week and is doing all his normal activities, which right now includes getting ready for deer hunting season.  I'm happy for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment