I finally have something to blog about.....

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Its been a while!

Well my dad made it 8 treatments without many side effects.  On the 9th, he started to feel nauseous and it has lasted ever since (He had his 10th treatment on Wednesday).  I feel bad for him because the medication does not seem to be helping.  It is by no means debilitating but it makes me nervous because he hadn't been eating much before the nausea set in.  He has lost over 35 pounds since he started treatment, and even though he is by no means skinny, no one wants him to lose any more weight.

On the bright side, these side effects have come on slowly and haven't been too severe. Knowing that the treatment is working, makes everything a little easier to deal with, or so my dad tells me!

On the super bright side, TJ is taking my dad to NYC for a Yankees game on Wednesday.  The doctors agreed to push his treatment to Friday so he can go! My dad is a big fan, and hasn't been to the new stadium yet. I think its very sweet of him to take my dad, knowing the challenge of taking someone who doesn't feel well and who also has a physical disability.  Bonus points for TJ!

No comments:

Post a Comment